UI/UX Designer/Visual Designer
As a User Interface Designer, you’ll be responsible for defining how people feel across various touch-points of the Box8-ing experience. This will require you to design the look and feel across those touch-points. It involves working with other UX/UI team members to clearly define the Box8 experience.
The team that designs the user experience and user interface for Box8 mobile and website applications is looking for a User Interface Designer.
You will work closely with members of Box8 product, marketing and engineering teams to design and refine the visual interaction in the smallest of detail within the web and mobile experience accounting for visual consistency and delight across the Box8 product ecosystem.
This opportunity is a chance to re-design everyday experiences of people with food. It involves deep-rooted understanding of visual cohesiveness and consistency which moves people. It is not just about layouts or fonts, but a holistic approach to what you want the customer to feel and working backwards to create a compelling and consistent language with spirit to move people.
- To understand the user ecology and business goals, and collaborate with others to find holistic, innovative solutions.
- Take pride in the outstanding quality of your designs, but can also aggressively prioritize, ship quickly and iterate.
- To be obsessed with typography and can understand the workings of the same across platforms and through cognitive references with the brand and user experience.
- Create icon languages which allow to tell a story as per the brand world.
- To go beyond just the looks or layouts and can help teams tell a story from the ground up.
- To know that the best way to learn is from people, and that it often involves revisiting old assumptions.
- Own the design of all touch points of the Box8 brand outside of the product, being its strongest steward and loudest evangelist.
- Provide hands-on design and creative direction for all design needs, across mobile, web, social, email, print.
- Align with the team to promote a design culture within the company by clearly articulating design led thinking in your speaking, writing, and work.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating thoughtful work underlying fantastic visual design.
- Should have knowledge of Sass, Less, Bootstrap, React, Angular
- Experience in working cross-functionally and shipping products on time.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate reasoning behind the design and its impact.
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively prioritize work.
- Proficiency with the tools needed to get the job done; it doesn't matter what you use, as long as you’re great at it.
HTML/CSS prototyping knowledge you may also use other tools to prototype swiftly (mirror, axure, POP)
- Experience with mobile design
- Passion about designing everyday experience
- Ability to collaborate, inspire and galvanise team to achieve (we are young inspiring minds, and don't like being told what to do instead inspired into doing it)